St. John Berchmans School was established in 1949 on Harriman Street. The Belgian community helped to open the school along with the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The school relocated to its present location in 1965 and closed down in 1968. The parishioners decided that they wanted a school in the parish and they combined their resources to reopen the school in 1983. The school has stayed open since 1983 and has added classrooms to help accommodate the school population.